Saturday, January 18, 2020

Butte County Board of Supervisors Election 2020


Butte County Board of Supervisors: 
Candidate Statements
Info taken from: https://clerk-recorder.buttecounty.net/elections/archives/eln44/44_voter_info_guide.pdf
(see all the filings and initial candidates statements.)

Candidates side by side.

Election Day is March 3rd. If you are signed in for Mail In Ballots they should begin arriving in a couple of weeks.

Please Vote!
Candidates
Candidate Name:  Bill Connelly Unopposed
Office:  County Supervisor, District 1

Occupation:  Small Business Owner

It is an honor to serve on your behalf as your County Supervisor. Together we must never slow in our endeavors to improve District 1 and Butte County. With your continued help and support I will work for a five lane highway to Marysville, safer and cleaner communities, and economic development. Our County has suffered many declared disasters in the last few years. I was there during each event from the Spillway failure to the Campfire, fighting for relief and economic compensation for our citizens. You and your family's safety will always be my most important consideration. I have greatly enjoyed serving you while working to improve this area I love and call home. I am a member of the Fellows Club, Eagles, Moose, American Legion, Rotary, Native Sons, and the Veteran's Memorial Park Committee. While enjoying the endorsement of the Farm Bureau, the Sheriff, the D.A., and many others, the most important endorsement is your vote. I humbly request you allow me to serve you as the District 1 Supervisor.



Candidate Name:  Sue Hilderbrand Candidate Name:  Tod Kimmelshue
Office:  County Supervisor, District 4 Office:  County Supervisor, District 4
Occupation:  Businesswoman/Administrator/ Educator family farmer, retired ag finance advisor and lifelong community volunteer.
While volunteering over six months in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, I experienced the outpouring of generosity in the recovery.  I also witnessed forces that sought to capitalize on the disaster for profit.  Displaced people were unable to return home, having little say in the (re)building of their communities, as secondary impacts in surrounding areas caused by Katrina were ignored.      Development is coming to post‐Camp Fire Butte County, and outside interests are eyeing our water and resources. The residents of District 4 must work together to ensure representation, and to have our concerns and needs met. I am committed to protecting all well‐users, protecting land rights and our farmlands, and creating economic opportunities.    With a background in strategic planning, public policy and community development, along with a gift of getting diverse people to work together, I am uniquely qualified to lead District 4.  I’ve managed multi‐million‐dollar budgets for the State of Arizona and served as CEO and project administrator for local non‐profit organizations.  I am also a media consultant and producer, and owner of a local production company.  I served in Morocco as a Peace Corps Volunteer and I’ve taught political science at Chico State and Butte College since 2005.  I’m Tod Kimmelshue, My wife Sherri and I have been married for 33 years and we have two sons. I would be honored to be your next County Supervisor. As the ONLY farmer on the Board of Supervisors, I will make sure our agricultural industry continues to thrive. As Vice Chairman of the Butte County Water Commission, I know the issues and can help STOP any grab of our water. My parents instilled in me the importance of giving back to the community. Throughout the years, I’ve served as President of the local Chamber of Commerce, Butte County Farm Bureau, and the local Rotary Club. As a father and Sunday School teacher, I’ve passed along these values of giving back to others.    I'm endorsed by Sheriff Kory Honea, the Butte County Farm Bureau, the Butte County Deputy Sheriff’s Association, the Professional Firefighters of CAL‐FIRE, and the Mayors of both Biggs and Gridley. See my full list of 700+ endorsements at www.NutsforTod.com.   Feel free to call or email with any questions you have about my candidacy. I can be reached at (530) 570‐1076 or Tod@NutsforTod.com. I’d be honored to earn your vote.

Nombre del Candidato:  Tod Kimmelshue Nombre de la Candidata:  Sue Hilderbrand
Cargo:  Supervisor del Condado, Distrito 4 Cargo:  Supervisora del Condado, Distrito 4
agricultor familiar, consejero financiero agrícola retirado y voluntario de la comunidad de toda la vida Ocupación:  Empresaria, administradora y educadora
Soy Tod Kimmelshue, Mi esposa Sherri y yo hemos estado casados durante 33 años y tenemos dos hijos. Me honraría ser su próximo Supervisor del Condado. Como el ÚNICO agricultor en la Junta de Supervisores, me aseguraré de que nuestra industria agrícola continúe prosperando. Como vicepresidente de la Comisión del Agua del Condado de Butte, sé cuáles son los problemas y puedo ayudar a IMPEDIR que tomen nuestra agua. Mis padres me inculcaron la importancia de retribuir a la comunidad. A través de los años, he servido como Presidente de la Cámara de Comercio local, de la Oficina de agricultura del Condado de Butte y del Club Rotario local. Como padre y maestro de la escuela dominical, he transmitido estos valores de retribuir a los demás.   Estoy avalado por el alguacil Kory Honea, la Oficina de Agricultura del condado de Butte, el diputado de la Asociación del alguacil adjunto del condado de Butte, los bomberos profesionales de CAL‐FIRE y los alcaldes tanto de Biggs como de Gridley. Vea mi lista completa de más de 700 avales en www.NutsforTod.com.   No dude en llamar o mandar un correo electrónico con cualquier pregunta que tenga sobre mi candidatura. Me puede contactar al (530) 570‐1076 o en Tod@NutsforTod.com. Sería un honor para mí ganar su voto. Durante mi voluntariado de más de seis meses en New Orleans después del huracán Katrina, experimenté lo que es la generosidad desbordada en la recuperación.  También fui testigo de fuerzas que buscaron capitalizar el desastre para beneficiarse.  Las personas que fueron desplazadas no pudieron regresar a su hogar, y tuvieron poca voz en la (re)construcción de sus comunidades, ya que los impactos secundarios causados por Katrina en los alrededores fueron ignorados.      Se avecina el desarrollo al Condado de Butte después de los incendios, y hay intereses externos que están mirando detenidamente nuestra agua y recursos. Los residentes del Distrito 4 tenemos que trabajar juntos para asegurarnos de que haya representación, y para que se cubran nuestras inquietudes y necesidades. Estoy comprometida a proteger a todos los usuarios de pozos, a proteger los derechos sobre la tierra y nuestros campos de cultivo, y a crear oportunidades económicas.      Con una formación en planificación estratégica, política pública y desarrollo comunitario, junto con el don de lograr que personas diversas trabajen juntas, estoy especialmente calificada para liderar el Distrito 4.  He administrado presupuestos multimillonarios para el estado de Arizona y he servido como directora general y administradora de proyectos para organizaciones sin fines de lucro locales.  Soy también una productora y consultora de medios, y propietaria de una compañía de producción local.  Serví en Marruecos como voluntaria de los Cuerpos de Paz y he enseñado ciencias políticas en Chico State y en Butte College desde 2005. 


Candidate Name:  Henry Schleiger Candidate Name:  Doug Teeter       Age:  52
Office:  County Supervisor, District 5 Office:  County Supervisor, District 5


Occupation:  Small Business Owner
Butte County, and particularly District 5, face unprecedented challenges ‐ but also a once‐in‐a lifetime opportunity to adjust the course of our community towards a more prosperous, healthy and well‐connected future for all Northstate families. My leadership skills (shaped by the US Navy, crafted in my wildland fire career, and demonstrated as Donkey Derby Champion) are uniquely positioned to gather consensus and deliver solutions in this polarized political moment.   The education I bring from Pyrogeography and from Rural and Town Planning, and my experience on the county Planning Commission, inform my views in a particularly broad, large‐scale, and long‐term frame. And without any compromises from developers or big businesses, I clearly see a future for foothill families ‐ free from fear ‐ and an environmentally conscious, and profitable, return to working the gift we’ve been given, the fertile earth!   My wife, Rachel, and I, are proud parents of our own precious gift, 2‐year old Lincoln. His future may take him anywhere, but I hope to create, for all of the families of Butte County, a place that leads our region in innovation, intelligence and quality of life – that will beckon them back home, to our safe, fun, beautiful community. We have all been affected greatly as a result of the Camp Fire.  Like many of you, we lost friends, our home and my wife’s business.  My heart weighs heavily for the community I grew up in.    The challenges are many for those of us rebuilding as well as those with surviving homes.  My greatest concerns have always been public safety and balanced budgets.  Now more than ever, our county needs to spend your tax dollars wisely.  To keep those within the fire area safe as well as improve the safety of those residing in our remaining heavily forested areas.    As a past forest firefighter and member of the Fire Safe Council, we need to reduce our fuel loads to ensure our homes and roads are safe.  I am proud to have earned Sheriff Honea’s endorsement for my commitment to public safety. I will continue to advocate for policies guarding our water resources, protecting agricultural lands, improve our economy and preserve access to public forests.  I will listen to you, work fairly and vigorously on your behalf, and represent you.    It has been an honor to serve as your Butte County Supervisor.  I respectfully ask again for your vote. www.dougteeter.com     530‐774‐4678



No comments:

Post a Comment